Friday, February 17, 2012

Kawasaki F-11 update

   


 The paint is done on the plastics and tank. The new tires are on the bike. The seat has been recovered. I've gone thru everything on the bike. Fixed the seat latch, seat was just bouncing around before. Replaced some bolts where they were missing. Just alot of cleaning and detailing. Nothing Fancy.

    I started going over the electrics. I had a 7'' H-4 headlight laying around so I got a 7'' round bucket out the junkyard. And an extra L.E.D brake light that I figured I would just throw in. when I went to order a battery it caught my eye that it was only 6 volts. Silly kid.

    So I don't want to stick with the 6 volt system. I am looking up how to convert it over to a 12 volt setup. Found a link online that some guys have done it to a couple different bikes and they had no issues. A universal Moose 12v Regulator? Before I go any further on the bike I want to do a little more research on this upgrade?

     So until then I'll just be waiting on the new rear brake pads, when I pulled the rear tire off one of the pads fell off its housing. maybe just glue it back on? So ya never know what to expect pulling something this old apart. I have some other parts that need a good cleaning and I have to get back on my GS750.

  Keep Truckin!!

the paint has a little flake to it.
waiting on tires.
 

and at one time I thought just car fins were cool

Some serious cleaning



























New front tire.

5.10 x 18 rear tire.

  






























































No comments:

Post a Comment