Thursday, September 27, 2012

GS 750

I finally got to get it out on the road. She feels real solid except for a lil wiggle in the front end now and then but I still have to rebuild the forks. Just let's ya know to not push it to hard in the corners. She's a screamer!
Updated the points to an electric from the GS850 but that system only lasted a week so I'll be saving my pennies for a new dynatek system!
Since it may be a couple of months before I can get back to it I'll be working on the front fairing I made for the bike a while back. Don't know what I was smokin when I was workin on it cause it's crooked as ...
So it should be street worthy this winter and I'll get the forks rebuilt before or after. I don't plan on selling this one for a while. Had my KZ750 for about 8 years and plan the same for this one. With that time frame and only $900 into it so far I think it leaves room in the budget for an engine rebuild with a big bore kit and some other go fast goodies to make its bite as bad as it's bark.
Thinking of changing the name of her from the Junkyard Dog to the Wraith. That 80's movie. The bikes stock hollowed out exhaust gives it a similar sound to that car and the bike is pretty dam stealth looking I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment