Saturday, September 1, 2012

Routine maintenance

Had my neighbors 2001 HD sportster in for a tune up and run thru. Hasn't been on the road since 03! Went thru the whole bike checking everything. Repairing the rear right turn signal,drained the gas and cleaned the carb and some other lil odds an ends. Changed up the stock bars for T-bars and had to keep the gauges and instead of buying expensive gauge mounts just made some 1 1/2" spacers and opened up the holes on the gauges slightly to mount were the headlight mounts to the upper trees. Pretty easy and clean looking. Tucks the gauges lower than original. Wish their could have been some custom work on it but maybe down the road. My 1st ride on a Harley and it was fun. Runs like a champ now. When it came in battery was dead and would
only run with the choke on. I may need to get my hands on one of these for myself some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment