Monday, October 24, 2011

Finishing touches on the GS450 Bobber

Before
So, I was doing a couple things to the "Resurrected Rat" and putting her back up for sale. The main thing that was irking me on the bike was the exhaust, which was just cut down to open headers. It sounded great but was loud and maybe just a little too much. It also really ruined the back pressure when it was ridden wide open like that.

After


Using the headers from the GS850, I cut them up and figured how to run them without making it look too heavy while keeping the lines of the bike just plain ol' simple.





I like how they turned out but I may shorten them by 3" to unclutter the back wheel. Right now they sweep up with the frame and then turn back down towards the ground. The other simple thing was painting the battery black to blend it into the bike. The way it was originally made the battery look huge.

3 comments: