Monday, October 24, 2011

Making the GS750 sturdy in the ass

With the back wheel off the frame she had a lot of play in the ass. So over the weekend I kicked around a couple ideas and came up with this funk by creating gussets I didn't think would really do anything for how much it flexed. I didn't want to just run bars straight across it either, that would be too easy.

 

From the inside of the frame where the swing arm used to mount I ran an X-pipe configuration to the back of the frame. She is sturdy now. It's pretty cool looking with how it all lays together!

before

It looks tight but there is plenty of room for adjustment of the rear tire and I may be able to go up to a 150mm in the future. I still have to work on the front of the frame at the neck area to figure how I will mount the coils. Once I get this all done I can start to slowly put her back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment