Thursday, February 9, 2012

1975 Kawasaki F-11




  So picked up this 1975 Kawasaki F11 on Monday nite, was able to ride it home. I never bought a bike I could just ride off on, so off to a good start. Played with it all day on Tuesday, pretty fun lil scoot!


  She's a beater! things don't work like the lights, speedo,the original tires are still on it. Found the battery melted to the exhaust after some peeking around the bike for further inspection. Even though it needs a good go over its in pretty descent shape overall. So I'm going to clean it up, fix what needs to be fixed. make it street legal again and see if anyone wants a cool kicker. 50 miles to the gallon and you can go anywhere on it.

  Stripped it down Tuesday nite and degreased the shit out of it Wednesday afternoon after getting some parts like the taller shocks on it at the moment. A headlight bucket and an Emgo filter for the carbs.

"Purty"


           
    
 The shocks jack the rear up a good 2 1/2 inches!

How the ass of the seat looked and the crooked tail light was just missing some bolts.
Shaved the seat down to hug the lines of the fairing as much as the stock seat allowed.



     What it is kinda gonna look like. Still alot of cleaning up and still need an electric box for the battery and the other stuff. Tires!!! It needs skins man. Gotta paint the plastics and tank, which I also have to repair. and some other things?  we'll see.

 Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm currently switching the suspension out on an old beater F-11 and I was wondering if you could tell me whether you had to rejet for the pod filter and if so what jets you used? Think I'll have to put a pod on in a fabbed up airbox to clear the new monoshock.

    Thanks!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim, Like the monoshock idea on your F-11.
    I havn't ran the bike yet with the filter pod but it ran fine without the filter just an open filter box before I tore it down. So I hope I don't have to rejet. I will keep you posted once she's back up and running. would like to see a pic of your monoshock setup once done! sounds sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've sent you some pictures by email of the (mostly) finished product. Your F11 is cleaning up nicely!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, that F-11 you are working on is killer!! very nice setup. the whole updated suspension is going to make that bike a completely differant animal!

    ReplyDelete